Monday, July 23, 2012

Who am I?

      That seems like a suitable title for my first post. Who am I? I don't even know the answer to that. I know what I want out of life. What I wanna be, what I think, and how I feel. But does anyone ever really KNOW themselves. I believe it is possible to know yourself, your TRUE self, if you try. It could be a scary realization, though. That's why many people won't try. Well, anyway, on to what I am like.

I am a 16 year old girl, living in West Virginia. I have a 14 year old sister named Sami. I have two very close cousins named Kelly Grace, age 5, and Faith Nicole, age 19 months. They are wonderful little kids, who can be rotten at times, but still know how to make the sun shine when it's pouring outside. Their parents are my aunt and uncle Mary and JR. I have another aunt, Jenny, who has just recently disowned us (that is the best word I can think of). 

My favorite colors are purple, dark red, and black.  I am home schooled, and have been for only one year. I failed my first year of ninth grade, went into home schooling and repeated the ninth grade, and now I am in twelfth grade. A senior, baby! I'm graduating a year earlier than I was supposed to. I love photography, and I plan to make that my career. I am inspired by many photographers. Ansel Adams is my favorite photographer! Here is one of his photos:



It is titled The Tetons and the Snake River. It was taken in 1942. I got this photo from the following link. On the page I linked you to, you can find another link that takes you to Ansel Adams' biography on Wikipedia.     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Adams_The_Tetons_and_the_Snake_River.jpg


I am a Baptist, born and raised in the same little church. Riverview Gospel Tabernacle is the name of my church. When I was little, up until I was about 7 or 8, my grandma would take me with her. We lived about 3 minutes, walking, from the church. Then, my aunt and uncle would start picking us up because we moved about 30 minutes, walking, away from the church.


I sing in the choir now, and I am part of the Youth Group. I also gather the info and type the newsletter for the church. I think the newsletter is almost the only thing that keeps me going to church. Everyone loves it, and it makes me feel good about myself. One of the big differences between my church and the ones on TV is size. Our church is a small building, with a small congregation to match. I love being part of a small church. You get to know everyone. They become your family, often more than your blood-related family. Several of the elders (well, the whole church is almost elders) say that me and my sister belong to everyone because they all watched us grow up.


I got saved on September 13, 2009. My aunt Mary is the one who walked with me to the altar. She will always have a very special place in my heart.  


Needless to say, I am very blessed. This is a pretty good start!


Have a good day and God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment